Well if you hated my snowflake shirt you’re probably going to hate this too but it’s time for ugly and odd Christmas sweaters to make their appearance. This is my favorite because it is bright and cheery. I have a lime green sweater with reindeer on it and bells — that one is scary but, of course, I love it.
I have finished my Christmas cards – at 11:00 last night. I just need to go to the post office and get stamps and off they go. Last year I never got around to sending cards so I’m glad I got ‘er done this year. Of course it cut into my baking and craft time so there will be fewer homemade goodies and adorable crafty things this year but we all have to suffer.
And speaking of suffering, I know I’ve said this before but I have to say it again, there are some “holiday” songs that should be tossed into the incinerator and never heard again. I include:
- The Christmas Shoes – so depressing it makes you want to impale yourself on a yule log.
- I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas — who the hell wants a hippo for Christmas? Some rich kid who already has everything else in the world?
- I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus — I’m waiting for some hip-hop remake of this song and mommy will not just be “kissing” Santa Claus in this version. The child will be scarred for life.
- The Little Drummer Boy – except for the David Bowie and Bing Crosby version. Otherwise it is boring — pa rum pa pum pum
- Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer — I believe this song is sponsored by the law firm of Call Gary.
- Please Daddy Don’t Get Drunk This Christmas — John Denver sings this uplifting little ditty.
Now here are some Christmas songs I love and that you may have never heard but I suggest you find them:
- Nothing’s Gonna Bring Me Down at Christmastime — Randy Travis
- Let It Be Christmas — Alan Jackson
- A Red and Green Christmas — The Muppets
- Another Christmas Song — Stephen Colbert (yeah that Stephen Colbert – if you’ve never seen his Christmas special rent it)
- Christmas Queen — Miss Piggy
- Gettin’ In The Mood (For Christmas) — Brian Setzer
- That Holiday Feeling — Steve Lawrence and Edye Gormet (that one who sings one of my other favorite songs – Blame It On The Bossa Nova)
- Lord’s Bright Blessing — from Mr. Magoo’s Christmas
- Cherry Cherry Christmas — Neil Diamond
- The Christmas Wish — John Denver & the Muppets
So stay away from 6 songs and find 10 new songs based on the recommendation of Mary Christmas