Well I’ve broken out the holiday outfits. Today’s is a nice Christmas green with big-ass snowflakes all over it. It is accessorized with a nice pair of green socks with reindeer prancing about. Oh the holidays.
So I was listening to holiday music on KOOL 108 last night in the car and they started playing a song that I absolutely hate. So today is my list of holiday songs I can’t stand:
1. The Christmas Shoes where that guy goes into a store and the kid wants to buy a pair of shoes for his mom before she meets Jesus tonight. Exchange the shoes for a 6-pack of beer and Jesus for Bubba and you’d have a great story.
2. The 12 Days of Christmas that goes on and on and on and on. The only version I like is by the Muppets.
3. The Little Drummer Boy. Pa-rum-pum-pum-bummer.
4. What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve — I’m sitting at home eating ice cream and watching some crap on television like 90% of the world.
5. O Tannenbaum sung in German. I can’t help but get the feeling that somewhere in those lyrics is something that says “Look out Poland we’re about to invade you.”
My favorite songs:
1. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree — just makes you want to get up off your chair and dance.
2. Let It Be Christmas — a song by Alan Jackson. If you’ve never heard it download it on iTunes or go to YouTube and listen to it but close your eyes because they show “W” and Laura and “W” looks like he is constipated.
3. Mary Did You Know? — beside the fact my name is in the title, I like the message
4. The Christmas Song, especially by Nat King Cole. It is such a pretty and warm song.
5. Feliz Navidad — love that song. Of course I can’t help but think of the fact that someone on the radio said that their kid thought the song was saying “Police shot my dog.” Listen to it and you’ll understand how a kid can get that idea.
I could list 100 favorite Christmas songs, but I guess I have to take Freckles for a walk and go to work.