To the left is me today to the right is me yesterday. What happened to that sun? And it is raining like crazy out there. That should make for an interesting drive — fortunately I don’t have to go anywhere.
I stopped at the grocery store on my way home yesterday and it was packed. I guess people are stocking up for another round of bad weather. And from what I saw in the baskets around me it was more about comfort food than nutrition. What are your comfort foods? I think mine are pretty standard:
- Meatloaf and mashed potatoes
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- Messy Marys (aka Sloppy Joes)
- Noodles (macaroni) and Tomato Juice
Yes I know the last one is not one of the standard foods but for some reason when I was in high school I decided to combine tomato juice with macaroni noodles and loved it. I found out one of my best friends Sue also ate that as a kid and her kids love it too. She adds some seasonings I think but I don’t — I like it plain.
Foods that make me uncomfortable (and in some instances cause me to go screaming into the night):
- Anything with mayonnaise – the worse food ever concocted
- Fish except for shrimp and lobster (yeah I have that all the time)
- Blue cheese (smells like vomit)
- Beans – any variety except jelly
- Peas from a can or in soup
There are some foods I wish I could become more fond of because I know they are good for me:
- Oatmeal — I don’t like milk so I have to eat it plain
- Tea — I like iced tea but would like to learn to drink hot tea
- Unsweetened cereal — again I don’t like milk so I have to eat it plain
I hope some day scientists will discover that ice cream is nature’s perfect food and cookies are good for lowering cholesterol. Until then, pass the oatmeal please.